Want a flipping good snack? Scrummy breakfast inspo? Pancakes are the way to go. Get the most out of that batter mixture with our chocolate and strawberry pancake recipe, made with a sprinkling of protein for added oomph. What a cracking idea! OK, we’ll stop with the pancake puns now…
Ingredients for Chocolate & Strawberry Pancakes
Makes around 10 pancakes
- 175g self-raising wholegrain flour
- 2tbsp chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 free range egg
- 300mls of semi-skimmed milk
- A little drizzle of oil for the pan
- Sliced strawberries (to top) and a drizzle of melted dark chocolate
- Sift the wholegrain self-raising flour into a large bowl with the protein powder and baking powder. Make a well in the middle (you may need to press some of the grains through the sieve with a spoon).
- In a separate jug crack the egg and whisk it together with the milk. Add the milk mixture to the well in the middle of your flour and whisk the whole mixture together until you have a smooth batter. Set the mixture aside for five minutes to set.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a saucepan and, once hot, add a thick dollop of your pancake mixture into the middle of the pan. Once it’s browning nicely, flip your pancake and cook it on the other side.
- Once cooked on both sides, add a drizzle of dark melted chocolate and some chopped strawberries to the top of your pancake.
Recipe by nutritionist Charlotte Stirling-Reed