Being kind to others has never been more important. But although we may WANT to be kind, that doesn’t mean it’s always easy. In partnership with Kindness.org, Simple is on a mission to help make our world feel as good as our skin, one act of kindness at a time.
This year, it’s Simple to #ChooseKindness.
A Simple Philosophy
Simple has always been about kindness – to skin, to the planet and to people. Research shows that kindness can help accelerate healing, prevent disease and keep your relationships strong. And it’s good for your mood, too: just like exercise and eating chocolate, being kind actually stimulates the reward area in your brain to release feel-good endorphins.
Partners In Kindness
Simple recognises that although there is a lot of kindness in the world, we don’t always see it or talk about it. That’s why Simple is on a mission to inspire 1 million acts of kindness. In partnership with Kindness.org, Simple will lower the barriers to kindness to inspire each of us to be kind to others every single day.
And when it comes to spreading kindness, small acts can be just as impactful as grand gestures. Because being kind really is Simple!
You have a choice. #ChooseKindness
Be Kind To Charity With Superdrug
At Superdrug, we’re excited to be joining Simple on its kindness mission with our very own Instagram movement – kick-started by Simple’s kindness ambassador, Mollie King. For each person who shares an act of kindness with us on Instagram, we’ll donate £5 to charity.*
It Really Is Simple!
From 11 August, we want you to celebrate kindness by posting a picture on your Instagram Stories of the kindest person you know, and telling us why you have chosen them.
- Share your photo
- Tag @Superdrug and 3 of your friends
- Use the hashtag #ChooseKindness
Who We Support:
Every 2 weeks we’ll donate to a different kindness charity. Keep an eye on Superdrug’s Instagram page for donation updates! We are proud to be supporting:
- Ditch the label: Simple and Superdrug have previously partnered with Ditch the label, who help young people aged 12-25 navigate the issues affecting them most, from mental health and bullying to identity and relationships. Simple is all about being kind to everyone, and Ditch the label provides the perfect support for young people going through challenging situations.
- Switchboard LGBT+ Helpline: This charity provides support, information and a community for LGBT+ people. At Simple and Superdrug, we believe everyone should be confident in their own skin, which is why we continue to support Switchboard through our Pride products and activations.
- Beauty Banks: Supplies personal care and hygiene essentials to people in the UK who can’t afford to purchase the products themselves. Superdrug hosts ‘Beauty Spot’ donation bins in over 100 of our stores, and Simple donates products every year. We are proud to support the amazing work Beauty Banks does in supporting those in need.
- Woodland Trust: The Woodland Trust plants woodlands & trees to combat climate change and the effects of deforestation within the UK, working to build a greener future for the UK. This work links directly to Simple’s ethos of being kind to the planet, which is just as important as being kind to your skin and kind to others!
Exclusive To Superdrug
To further support Simple’s mission to spread kindness, we have 3 limited edition Simple Kindness products – exclusively available at Superdrug! (Buy online and in-store now).
Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser has the perfect blend of Simple moisturising goodness, containing Pro-Vitamin B5, Vitamin E, Glycerin and Borage Seed Oil to help moisturise and soften the skin and keep your skin replenished and hydrated for up to 12 hours. An absolute beauty essential.
Simple Kind to Skin Biodegradable Cleansing Wipes are just as kind to your skin as Simple’s regular face wipes whilst being kinder to the planet. Using gentle cleansers and triple-purified water, they gently and effectively cleanse and lift away grease, impurities and make-up, even waterproof mascara.
Simple Kind to Skin Micellar Cleansing Water is Simple’s most advanced yet gentle facial cleanser. This innovative facial cleanser contains micelles, clever cleansing bubbles that are smart enough to gently lift makeup and impurities and unclog pores while hydrating skin. Your skin will feel clean, fresh and instantly hydrated.
Simple has made it as easy to be kind to others as it is to be kind to your skin. So come on, join us to spread 1 million acts of kindness across the UK. #ChooseKindness
Find out more at www.simple.co.uk/choosekindness