Keep those peepers healthy!
It is super important to have regular check-ups/Aftercare appointments. You need to have your eyes and lenses checked regularly with your optician to ensure your eyes remain healthy.
When you have your check-up, your optician will also provide you with an up to date contact lens specification (prescription). You’ll need this to order your lenses.
You can continue to receive orders until the date your specification expires.
Find out more about keeping your optician in sight when buying your contact lenses.
Ask yourself these questions daily:
- How do my eyes feel while wearing lenses?
- How is my vision?
- How do my eyes look?
If you are concerned by the answer to any of these questions, remove your lenses and contact us
When wearing your contact lenses, always remember, if in doubt – take them out and contact us or speak to your optician.
If you ever experience blurred vision, redness, pain or discomfort you must remove your lenses immediately and contact us to seek advice.
If you have concerns outside of ofﬁce hours please contact NHS 111. Just dial 111 and you’ll be directed to the appropriate healthcare professional.
The Superdrug Customer Team are here for you:
Monday to Friday from 8am to 7pm
Saturday 9am to 6pm
Sunday 9am to 5pm
Bank Holidays: 10am to 5pm
We may already have the answer to your question in our FAQ section
Got a question or some feedback?
Just complete our online form to send an email to our dedicated customer team.
We may request some of your personal data when you contact us for the sole purpose of handling your query. If you provide us with information on your health, race or ethnic origin ("sensitive data") or information relating to minors, you hereby consent that we process and use this information for the purpose you provided it to us.
Keep your contact lenses clean
Once you've been prescribed your contact lenses your optician will advise you on the correct wear and cleaning regime for that specific lens. It’s always best to stick with this regime and not change unless your optician states otherwise, as this may put the health of your eyes at risk.
You can find our cleaning solutions, your optician will advise you on the best one to suit you and your requirements.
Contact Lens Dos and Don’ts
- Ensure you visit your optician on a regular basis for aftercare check ups.
- Always double check that you’re applying the correct lens to each eye.
- Dispose of your reusable lenses after the recommended period.
- Use fresh solution to clean and store your reusable lenses.
- Contact us if you have any queries regarding your lenses.
- Stop wearing your lenses if they become uncomfortable or your eyes become red or sore - ensure you also contact us or your optician for advice.
- Ensure you only handle your lenses when your hands are clean.
- Wear your lenses longer than advised by your optician. Ignore any problems with your eyes.
- Handle contact lenses with sharp nails or dirty hands.
- Sleep in your contact lenses (unless they are continuous wear and your optician has advised to do so).
- Wash your lenses or lens case with tap water.
- Change your cleaning method or solution, unless advised to do so by your optician.
- Shower in your lenses
- Swim in your lenses unless wearing water tight goggles.