Following the announcement regarding the closure of all shops excluding Supermarkets, Pharmacies and essential retail (including health stores and non-dispensing Pharmacies), we’d like to update you on the steps Superdrug is taking as an essential retailer.
Our priority is always the health and wellbeing of our team and our customers and we are doing everything we can to provide the right service to everyone. Our teams are working hard to ensure that we can continue to make essential products, like baby milk, nappies, hand wash, sanitiser, general medicines, pharmacy prescriptions and OTC medicines, available. People rely on us for over 1 million healthcare products a week and it’s for these customers that we’ve stayed open.
From today our focus will be on keeping open stores where we are necessary to support the local community. We won’t open if we don’t have enough people to do this safely. We will be reviewing the situation on a store by store basis and as soon as we can each day, will clarify on our website and our social channels what stores will be open. Any open stores will be operating on reduced hours of 10am to 5pm to ensure there is enough time for deep cleaning, stocking shelves and for our colleagues to rest.
To keep colleagues and customers safe, we have already introduced some key safety measures across all stores. These include 2 metre distancing, extra card only tills, the removal of testers and restricting the number of customers per store at any one time. We are also rolling out perspex screens at till point and pharmacy counter As quickly as possible.
We announced last Friday a significant employee package because we are hugely grateful to our amazing team and we want to make sure that no one is worse off financially through this time. The package includes paying colleagues in full if they are not able to work through either sickness, self isolation, being a parent, being a vulnerable person, or due to store or service closures. This week we’ve also extended the package to cover those colleagues who live with or care for someone in a vulnerable group.
As a non-dispensing pharmacy, we feel that this is the right course of action to fulfil our duty to customers, colleagues and communities, whilst keeping everyone safe.
We will continue to review the situation and update you with any changes as soon as we are able.
I believe in creating a safe space for everyone, this includes prioritising the health and wellbeing of our customers and employees.
I understand this is a worrying time and we at Superdrug want to ensure that essentials are available to as many of our customers as possible, as well as delivering them to you safely.
We are closely following the advice of Public Health England & Scotland, WHO and NHS introducing a wide variety of measures to minimise the impact to public health.
Superdrug Store and Opening Times
In the current climate we are working hard to keep as many stores trading as possible, as a result our trading hours may need to be amended locally at short notice. Please call the store directly to confirm they are open.
Visit our store locator to find your nearest store.
Product Availability and Restrictions
- We are working hard with our suppliers to keep essentials stocked up to the best of our ability, receiving deliveries almost daily.
- To ensure that as many of our customers as possible can keep their hands clean, we have limited the sale of hand sanitisers to 2 per customer.
- Baby milk is also limited to 2 per customer.
- We are communicating daily with our healthcare teams on staying safe and well, protecting themselves and our customers. With contingency plans in place to ensure pharmacies remain open at this key time.
- Our clinics are fitted with hands free sinks and washing facilities.
Online Doctor Services
- If you are having issues getting an appointment with a doctor, we have our own private Superdrug Online Doctor service, with click and collect options for any prescriptions
- If you are struggling to get out to collect prescriptions, we can deliver NHS prescriptions free to your door through our Superdrug Online NHS Prescription service.
Learn more about Corona Virus and frequently asked health questions here
In Store Beauty Studio Services
To keep our customers as safe as possible during this difficult time, we have made the decision to temporarily suspend all Beauty Services with immediate effect. We will endeavour to re-open the services as soon as government guidelines advise it is safe to do so. To keep up to date follow our Facebook and Instagram pages - Beauty Studio by Superdrug.
Employee Safety In Store
The safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and customers is our primary concern, so are introducing some key safety measures across all stores, including:
- Queue distancing with the recommended 2 metre distance between customers at till points, and pharmacy counters.
- Introduction of Perspex screens at tills and pharmacy counters to keep colleagues and customers a safe distance apart.
- Card only tills to reduce cash transactions but still allow those customers who are unable to pay with debit or credit card, to purchase essential items.
- The removal of all product testers from stores for the foreseeable future.
- Restricting the number of customers per store..
Further to the above, we announced a £40 million employee support package that will offer our colleagues reassurance and immediate financial relief at this unprecedented time. We will continue to monitor the situation, in line with government, PHE and NHS guidance around Covid-19
We will continue to monitor the situation and follow direction given by the government and will take whatever action is necessary to protect the health of our customers and our teams.
Together let's support one another and look out for those most vulnerable.