Superdrug would like to thank our customers for your continued support, patience and understanding during these difficult times. Superdrug would like to thank you for the kindness and compassion you have shown our team members who are working so hard in these exceptional circumstances.
Our top priority remains to provide customers with the products they need most, whilst keeping our teams and communities safe. We are continually reviewing our store operations and we have decided to close a small proportion of stores temporarily, where we feel it's right to do so.
We are keeping our Pharmacies open – this is critical to supporting communities, particularly as so many doctors and dentists have limited or closed access for appointments. We know customers are trying to avoid putting pressure on other areas of the NHS to get treatment for non-coronavirus related medical concerns and we want to ensure we’re here to help.
Updates from Superdrug
Superdrug Supports NHS Workers, with Nationwide Hospital Care Package Donations
What is Beauty Banks and what can I donate?
Superdrug announces removal of all Plastic Applicators in Tampons
Are you still delivering?
We're doing our very best to deliver online orders to you within 9 days. Due to the strict social-distancing safety measures we’ve put in place at our fulfilment centres, deliveries may take slightly longer than usual.
Thank you for your patience and support.
You can use one of the following types of delivery:
What’s your returns policy?
We hope you’ll love your Superdrug order but if you want to return any of it we will happily refund you for any items you return to us in an unused and resalable condition within 28 days of receipt.
Visit Returns & Refunds for further information regarding our returns policy
How do I get a returns label?
You can either return your items to your local store or send back to us using the Free Post Label. Your Free Post Label can be found in your Order History under My Account when you log in. At the bottom of each of your orders is a link, "Download your free returns label here". You can then print this out and use to return your order/item(s) to us.
Visit My Account to download your label
How can I get in touch?
The quickest way to get in touch is via our webchat on our contact us.
I’m self-isolating but want to return a sale item, what do I do?
If you need to return an item and you’re unable to leave your home, please get in touch with our customer services team via webchat and they will be able to help you with this.
What happens if I’ve requested an exchange?
Unless returned to one of our stores, we’re unable to offer an exchange for online purchased, however we will happily refund you for any items that you return to us in an unused and resalable condition within 28 days of receipt.
What is Stuart Delivery?
Stuart is a same day delivery service. You can use it for all Order & Collect items in a selection of available stores
Here’s what you need to do:
- Check that Stuart Delivery works in your area, by selecting Store Locator online and click rapid home delivery
- Shop your fave Superdrug products online as usual
- Select ‘Order & Collect in 30 mins’ as a delivery option at checkout. Delivery charges apply
- We will email you a link to instructions of how to simply book your Stuart courier as soon as your products are ready to collect!
Terms and Conditions apply
Looking after your wellbeing
Superdrug Store and Opening Times
In the current climate we do have some store closures but we are working hard to keep as many stores trading as possible, as a result our trading hours may need to be amended locally at short notice. Please call the store directly to confirm they are open.
To ensure there is enough time for deep cleaning, stocking shelves and for our colleagues to rest some of our stores are operating on different/reduced opening hours. Please check the latest opening hours for your local store using the store locator.
Visit our store locator to find your nearest store.
The safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and customers is our primary concern, so are introducing some key safety measures across all stores. To keep everyone as safe as possible we are:
Ensure enough time each day to deep clean, refill shelves and most importantly allowing our teams to rest.
Prioritising our online service to help reduce the store visits our customers need to make.
Converting a small number of our stores into warehouses to help fulfill high volume of online orders.
- Queue distancing with the recommended 2 metre distance between customers at till points, and pharmacy counters.
- Introduction of Perspex screens at tills and pharmacy counters to keep colleagues and customers a safe distance apart.
- Card only tills to reduce cash transactions but still allow those customers who are unable to pay with debit or credit card, to purchase essential items.
- Restricting the number of customers per store..
Product Availability and Restrictions
- We are working hard with our suppliers to keep essentials stocked up to the best of our ability, receiving deliveries almost daily.
- To ensure that as many of our customers as possible can keep their hands clean, we have limited the sale of hand sanitisers to 5 per customer.
Employee Safety in our Distribution Centres
The safety and wellbeing of our colleagues in our Distribution Centres is also a primary concern, so we have introduced some key safety measures across them which include:
- COVID 19 Awareness training completed for all colleagues within the Distribution Centres
- Mental Health and Wellbeing is key and we have regular communication mediums in place to ensure regular communications take place. This is includes support mechanisms such as “Speak Up” confidential helpline for all colleagues to access.
- Visual updates / information and communications around the Distribution Centres
- Peer on peer observational behavioural audits on safe working practices taking place
- Regular Senior Management team walk rounds to monitor working practices and social distancing
- Hand sanitiser stations are located across our distribution centres at multiple locations
- Cleaning regime in place with frequent cleans taking place throughout the day across all shifts
- Break times and shift changes are staggered across the shifts to maintain social distancing
- Social distancing demarcation / markings / one way systems in place to help social distancing throughout the distribution centres
- Weekly deep cleans take place by an external contractor which includes all areas of the distribution centres
- Face coverings are supplied (optional to wear) to all colleagues
Further to the above, we announced a £40 million employee support package that will offer our colleagues reassurance and immediate financial relief at this unprecedented time. We will continue to monitor the situation, in line with government, PHE and NHS guidance around Covid-19
We will continue to monitor the situation and follow direction given by the government and will take whatever action is necessary to protect the health of our customers and our teams.
Providing you with Health services...
I’d like to thank our pharmacy teams who are working so hard on the frontline to ensure that as many customers as possible can still access prescriptions.
- We are communicating daily with our healthcare teams on staying safe and well, protecting themselves and our customers. With contingency plans in place to ensure pharmacies remain open at this key time.
- Our clinics are fitted with hands free sinks and washing facilities.
Visit our Superdrug Stores and Pharmacy area for full list store with Pharmacies
Online Doctor Services
Online Doctor is running efficiently with click and collect available from pharmacy stores after four hours, express delivery to home within three days and standard delivery within six days.
- If you are having issues getting an appointment with a doctor, we have our own private Superdrug Online Doctor service, with click and collect options for any prescriptions
- If you are struggling to get out to collect prescriptions, we can deliver NHS prescriptions free to your door through our Superdrug Online NHS Prescription service.
Learn more about Corona Virus and frequently asked health questions here
Online NHS Prescriptions Services
With our Online Pharmacy, you can also order your NHS repeat prescriptions online with us and have them delivered to your door. All you need to do is register online and we will do the rest. Visit the Online NHS Prescriptions service.
Health & Beautycard Update
We want to ensure you that we are doing everything we can for the health and wellbeing of our customers, colleagues and communities. We wanted to help cross one thing off your list and let you know of some Health & Beautycard updates and changes to our policies.
Of course, if you have any questions about our policy changes please get in touch with our lovely customer service team.
1) What’s happening with my points?
Don’t worry, any points that are due to expire will be extended until the end of August 2020. You can check your points balance by logging in online or on the app.
2) Are you part of the My Reward Scheme? If not… why not?!
If you are already enjoying the added benefits of My Reward, you now have even longer to unlock your next reward (We have extended the time you have by 4 months!!)
3) Where have Treat Thursday’s gone?
So the good news is that we are still sending Treat Thursday’s... but they are a little different. We still want to get you the best offers but are focusing on how we can keep everyone safe and healthy during this time. So, keep your eyes peeled!
4) Are you still offering Standard Delivery?
You bet! This is still free for Health & Beautycard members when you spend £10 or more. We are doing our very best to get your online orders to you on time, but there may be some delay.
In Store Beauty Studio Services
To keep our customers as safe as possible during this difficult time, we have made the decision to temporarily suspend all Beauty Services. We will endeavour to re-open the services as soon as government guidelines advise it is safe to do so. To keep up to date follow our Facebook and Instagram pages - Beauty Studio by Superdrug.
An update from Peter Macnab, Superdrug CEO.
Following the announcement regarding the closure of all shops excluding Supermarkets, Pharmacies and essential retail (including health stores and non-dispensing Pharmacies), we’d like to update you on the steps Superdrug is taking as an essential retailer.
Our priority is always the health and wellbeing of our team and our customers and we are doing everything we can to provide the right service to everyone. Our teams are working hard to ensure that we can continue to make essential products, like baby milk, nappies, hand wash, sanitiser, general medicines, pharmacy prescriptions and OTC medicines, available. People rely on us for over 1 million healthcare products a week and it’s for these customers that we’ve stayed open.
From today our focus will be on keeping open stores where we are necessary to support the local community. We won’t open if we don’t have enough people to do this safely. We will be reviewing the situation on a store by store basis and as soon as we can each day, will clarify on our website and our social channels what stores will be open. Any open stores will be operating on reduced hours of 10am to 5pm to ensure there is enough time for deep cleaning, stocking shelves and for our colleagues to rest.
To keep colleagues and customers safe, we have already introduced some key safety measures across all stores. These include 2 metre distancing, extra card only tills, the removal of testers and restricting the number of customers per store at any one time. We are also rolling out perspex screens at till point and pharmacy counter As quickly as possible.
We announced last Friday a significant employee package because we are hugely grateful to our amazing team and we want to make sure that no one is worse off financially through this time. The package includes paying colleagues in full if they are not able to work through either sickness, self isolation, being a parent, being a vulnerable person, or due to store or service closures. This week we’ve also extended the package to cover those colleagues who live with or care for someone in a vulnerable group.
As a non-dispensing pharmacy, we feel that this is the right course of action to fulfil our duty to customers, colleagues and communities, whilst keeping everyone safe.
We will continue to review the situation and update you with any changes as soon as we are able.
I believe in creating a safe space for everyone, this includes prioritising the health and wellbeing of our customers and employees.
I understand this is a worrying time and we at Superdrug want to ensure that essentials are available to as many of our customers as possible, as well as delivering them to you safely.
We are closely following the advice of Public Health England & Scotland, WHO and NHS introducing a wide variety of measures to minimise the impact to public health.
Together let's support one another and look out for those most vulnerable.