Senokot Max Strength Tablets x 10
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
Senokot Max Strength is an effective laxative made with Senna Fruit, a natural plant extract which works by stimulating the muscles in the bowel. Senokot Max Strength tablets are twice the strength of Senokot tablets. Clinically proven medicine for short-term, occasional constipation. Laxatives do not affect the number of calories absorbed from food. This means they do not help with weight management. Always read the label.
Provides effective constipation relief. Works within 8-12 hours, providing reliable overnight relief.
Warning or Restrictions
Do not take if you:
- are allergic to any of the ingredients
- have blockage or narrowing of the gastro-intestinal tract or bowel (ileus, intestinal obstruction or
- have paralysis or a lack of muscle tone in the bowel (atony).
- have appendicitis, inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis.
- have severe dehydration.
- have persistent or undiagnosed abdominal complaints e.g pain, nausea, or vomiting.
- have faecal impaction or rectal bleeding for which you don't know the cause, or blood in your stools.
- have already taken a laxative and are still constipated.
- have had a sudden change in bowel habit that has lasted for more than 2 weeks.
- are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- have kidney or heart failure.
- are under 12 years of age.
Each tablet contains powdered Alexandrian Senna fruit (pods) (cassia senna L. (C. acutifolia Delile)) and
Tinnevelly Senna fruit (pods) (Cassia angustifolia Vahl) equivalent to 15mg hydroxyanthracene
glycosides, calculated as sennoside B.
Also contains: calcium phosphate, maize starch, magnesium stearate and lactose monohydrate.
Product code: 798353
New users should start with the lowest dose and increase it to the maximum if necessary.
Once regularity has been regained dosage should be reduced and stopped.
Adults, the elderly and children 12 years and over:
swallow one tablet at night.
Do not exceed the stated dose
Duration of use
Normally it is sufficient to take this medicinal product up to two to three times a week.
Not to be used for more than one week.
Tell a doctor, pharmasist or nurse if:
- the symptoms worsen, or persist during the use of medicinal product.
- there is no bowel movement within 3 days of use.
- you need to take laxatives every day if abdominal pain persists.
Do not take more than the leaflet tells you. Overuse can be harmful.