Skinny Tan is a light, fluffy mousse formula that applies in seconds and develops into a deeper, natural looking colour. It’s a bit darker than Skinny Tan 7 Day tanner so if your skin tone is darker than a ‘porcelain’ shade then opt for Mousse first. You can still layer this product up if the colour isn’t as dark as you want. It’s always better to fake tan gradually (just like you would in the sun*) and layer up to achieve the colour you want without going too far.
If you’ve not used the Skinny Tan range before and are nervous about how the colour will develop, try 7 Day Tanner first but if you want you want to jump straight in with Skinny Tan Mousse, then go for it, we promise you won’t go orange and you won’t be disappointed.
*Skinny Tan does not provide protection from the sun. Always use a suncream with an SPF suitable for your skin before venturing out into the sun.
Aqua, Dihydroxyacetone (Certified Natural), Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera) leaf juice, Glycerin, Ethoxydiglycol, Paullinia Cupana (Guarana) seed extract, Erythulose (Certified Natural), Cocos nucifera (Organic Coconut) Oil, Dimethicone, D-Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Decyl Glucoside, Caramel, Carrageenan, Ethylexyglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Metabisulfite, CI42090, CI19140, CI16035, CI17200, Parfum, Cumarin, Benzyl Alcohol.
Size (150) Unit (ML) Height (19) Width (6) Depth (1)
Product code: 706301
1, Exfoliate skin using Skinny Tan Pre Tan Primer.
Tips & Advice
2. Apply mousse evenly using a mitt of tanning glove.
3. Allow tan to develop for 6-8 hours, then shower and pat dry. You may re-apply the mousse as desired.
With the sun and sun beds off limits it is important that you know just how to fake it and get the natural look without that oompa loompa orange effect.
• Tip no 1 - Exfoliate first - The better your canvas is to start with – the better your tan will be! That’s why our number one tip is to prep your skin properly first. Any scrub or loofah will do. Scrubs or primers will help remove dull, dead and older skin cells. This creates a smoother surface to apply tanner to and, because the new cells won’t shed so fast, your tan will last longer. Massaging vigorously at this stage on problem areas will also help increase blood flow. Prep the skin at least a few hours before applying a tanner. It isn't a good idea to tan straight after a shower or scrub as the skin needs to calm down again first. Make sure there are no oil residues left over from shower gels or primers before adding tanners to the skin as these can act like a barrier to the tanner.
• Tip no 2 - Look for the natural alternatives - No-one should be putting chemical DHAs on their skin anymore as there are now tanners available that use a tanning agent that works naturally with your skin to create a far more natural looking colour. A great advantage is that these natural agents don’t smell so strongly of that awful fake tan smell. All Skinny Tan tanners are made with a seed tanner plus they also use naturally derived Guarana.
• Tip no 3 - Layer to get the most natural shade - Don’t be tempted to go too dark compared to your natural skin tone straight away as you could find yourself looking way too fake. It is far better to choose a medium natural shade like Skinny Tan and apply a few times to get the darker shade you like naturally. Skinny Tan self-tanners will build like a natural tan and fade like a natural tan. Each application layer will take the skin tone two shades darker that the layer before.
• Tip no 4 - Prolong your colour - To make sure your tan lasts and lasts, you need to keep the skin hydrated. Drink lots of water and apply moisturisers. Skinny Tan After Glow Gloss contains lots of lovely hydrating ingredients and gives you that great airbrushed model look.