Learning and Development at
Investing in our people
The more we invest in training our people, the better the service they provide to our customers and the better the business results that they deliver. That’s why we offer such a wide range of personal and professional training programmes and modules, some leading to industry recognised qualifications, and all aimed at making the most of your potential.
What’s more, we make our learning and development opportunities available to everyone, everywhere – from sales advisers to senior managers, enabling you to hone existing skills, learn new ones, become more effective in your work, and go further, faster in your career.
Furthering your career with Superdrug... Aspire
The Aspire programme is a development programme designed to fast track our best performing people to progress to the next level should the opportunity arise. The focus is on developing their leadership and behavioural skills.
- Aspire to Grow graduates 2015
Niamh McMillan – Clinical Development Manager
Award from AS Watson for Aspire Programmes 2014.
- "The Aspire programme is a fantastic opportunity to develop skills and knowledge to help you progress within your career. It's also a great way to network and get to know people from all areas of the business and most importantly make friends. It was undoubtedly fundamental in helping me to secure a promotion. I would highly recommend the programme to everyone."
There are 3 Aspire programmes available:
- Starting to Aspire – 6 month programme. Aimed at assistant manager aspiring to be store manager.
- Aspire to Grow – 6 month programme. Assistant manager or store manager aspiring to be a store manager in a busier store. Pharmacist aspiring to be pharmacy manager or pharmacy manager aspiring to work in a busier pharmacy.
- Aspire to Develop – 12 month programme. Store manager aspiring to be area manager, pharmacy
- ➢ Starting to Aspire – 6 month programme. Aimed at assistant manager aspiring to be store manager.
- ➢ Aspire to Grow – 6 month programme. Assistant manager or store manager aspiring to be a store manager in a busier store. Pharmacist aspiring to be pharmacy manager or pharmacy manager aspiring to work in a busier pharmacy.
- ➢ Aspire to Develop – 12 month programme. Store manager aspiring to be area manager, pharmacy
At Superdrug we offer an award winning apprenticeship programme. Apprenticeships allow you to work towards a nationally recognised qualification whilst earning a wage. Superdrug has launched Pathways, an industry – leading programme, which puts young people on a 12 month contract and gives apprentices qualifications across two separate schemes – Retail Apprenticeship or Retail Healthcare Apprenticeship.
The Sunday Telegraph reports on Superdrug apprenticeships:
"Superdrug/Savers has been chosen as an outstanding employer of Apprentices for their innovative training programmes by independent industry experts."
AS Watson apprenticeship programme won three awards at the All About School Leavers awards 2016. – check out superdrug.com/jobs to get involved
This is Georgia Weston, an apprentice in the Leicester store. Georgia was awarded ‘The Difference is You’ reward for her work during her apprenticeship. ‘The Difference is You’ is a recognition scheme to celebrate success and make colleagues feel valued and appreciated for the work that they do.