If you’re looking for out-of-the-box beauty, the best place to look are the runways. They’re a hub of creativity and rule breaking, which we absolutely LOVE. After all, what’s the point of makeup if you can’t have fun with it? And with SS19 collections being shown off all over the world, there are tons of trends to keep an eye on. Here are our three faves, along with our step-by-step guide to achieving them at home.
Scarlet spider lashes from GCDS
- For this one-eye-wonder look, it’s all about the lines… and the bright red, of course. Use MUA Lip Liner in Red Drama to draw a line starting just beyond the inner corner of the eye, on the side of your nose. Arch it up above your crease, then extend it downwards, to finish level with the outer corner of your eye.
- Line the upper lash line with the same shade. Curve around your tear duct slightly and follow the shape of your eye to extend the line down past the outer corner.
- Now draw several evenly-spaced lines underneath your eye. Start at the root of your lashes and direct the lines down and outwards, tapering each one at the end so it looks a lil spiky. You want them to be quite long on the outer corner, gradually becoming shorter as you move towards the inner corner.
Satsuma eyes from Ashish
- Apply Rimmel Wonder’swipe Liner and Shadow in So Savage all over your lid. You want to focus the colour on the inner three-quarters of your eye and take the shade round your inner corner and underneath to your lower lash line – use your eye socket as a guide. Once applied, blend out with a brush or your finger and fade the edges towards the outer corner to soften any harsh lines.
- Apply the shade Daydream from the Revolution Pro Regeneration Eyeshadow Palette in Mischief Matte over the top of the other shadow to intensify the satsuma colour.
Watercolour eyes from Lamyu
- Like any true artiste, we need a blank canvas to make these colours pop. Use GOSH Kohl Eye Liner in White to cover your entire eyelid, going all the way up to your brow bone. Blend this out with a brush to create a smooth wash of white across the lid.
- Draw an exaggerated wing with Revolution Pro Pigment Pomade in Ocean Blue and splodge some more of this tone randomly across your eyelid.
- The Revolution Pro Regeneration Eyeshadow Palette in Mischief Matte is full of fun, bright colours to use in this look. Apply a selection to your lid using different brushes and intensities. Get creative – the more random the better. We even applied some hot pink into the brow hairs – nothing is off limits.
- Use the kohl pencil to put some white space back in – and you’re good to go.