If you’re one of those people that are adamant that there’s no time to have breakfast in the morning, this overnight oats recipe by nutritionist Charlotte Stirling-Reed will change the game for you.
Super simple to prep from the night before and packed with protein powder, it will have you starting every day off the right way.
Ingredients for Overnight Oats Recipe
- 50g x of oats (or your regular portion)
- ½-1 tablespoon of Some Body chocolate protein powder
- A handful of blueberries
- A handful of raisins
- A small handful of flaxseeds
- Almond milk (opt for one fortified with calcium) – you’ll only need enough to cover the ingredients
- Mint leaf (optional for decoration)
- Add oats and protein powder to a bowl and stir to mix the ingredients.
- Add the blueberries, raisins and flaxseeds and then cover the mixture with almond milk.
- Pop the bowl in the fridge ready for the morning.
- Give it a little stir before eating cold and add more milk if needed.
- If you prefer to warm it up, pop into the microwave for 2 minutes (or until it rises). Alternatively, heat on the hob until it thickens and reaches the optimum eating temperature.
Recipe by nutritionist Charlotte Stirling-Reed