A liquid liner flick is a total beauty classic, but if you’re feeling like you’d like to try something a little bit more adventurous than your everyday black cat's eye, then it’s time to give pop art liner a go.
Perfect for festivals and parties, it’s all about injecting some colour. Here’s our foolproof guide to doing it:
1. Start with a clean eye, so no coloured shadow. If you suffer from redness on the eyelid, you might want to apply a corrective concealer to neutralise it. If your eyeliner tends to run throughout the day, then try an eye primer or dust your eyes with a little translucent powder before you start.
2. Take your liquid liner - a pen is best for precision lines - and draw a thin regular line close to your eyelashes, and out into an exaggerated wing.
3. Starting at the inner corner of your eye, draw a second line a few millimetres above the first one. The wider the distance, the more dramatic the effect. Wing it out parallel to the first line, join in a point and let the liner dry fully.
4. Dampen a small eyeshadow brush and fill in the gap with a bright shadow. You need to be pretty neat, but don’t worry if you go over the lines a little, as you can sort that out in the next step.
5. Take your liquid liner and go over your outline again, tidying up any mistakes.
6. Add plenty of black mascara, defined lashes are essential against neon toned shadows.
Will you be trying this cartoon take on a classic liner look? We'd love to hear from you!