In years to come, we predict that the only skincare product you’ll need in your bathroom is micellar water. The beauty industry is obsessed with this makeup remover – but that’s not all it’s good for. Here are five more ways to use this all-in-one product (BRB while we fill our trollies).
Hack 1: Cleaning makeup brushes
Micellar water can help draw out old makeup and bad bacteria from your makeup brushes.
- Pour some micellar water into a bowl.
- Swirl your brush around in the micellar water until it is well soaked.
- Squeeze all the water out of the brush with your fingers, then repeat for an extra cleanse.
- No need to rinse with water as the micellar water will keep it soft. Just leave to dry standing upright.
Hack 2: Removing makeup stains
We all know how annoying it is when you get a bit of makeup on your clothing. Just put a small amount of micellar water on a cotton wool pad and dab it onto the stain – it should come straight out.
Hack 3: Fragrance remover
If you’ve tried on a new perfume and regretted it instantly, wipe it away pronto with micellar water on a cotton wool pad.
Hack 4: Fake tan fixer
Fake tan disaster? No problem. Where your tan has developed a bit too orange, blot the excess colour with a cotton pad soaked in micellar water until it has faded.
Hack 5: Taking off eyelash glue
Having trouble keeping your hands on those tiny lash-remover bottles that come with the lashes? Try using micellar water.
- Dip a cotton bud into micellar water and wipe it across your lash line until your fake lashes come loose.
- Gently remove the lashes.
- Remove the remaining glue from your eyes with a cotton wool pad soaked with micellar water.
Watch our full video here...