For the treatment and prevention of fleas (Ctenocephalides spp.) on dogs, cats, rabbits and ferrets. Larvel flea stages are killed in the surroundings of ADVANTAGE® treated pets. Reduces the incidence of Flea Allergy Dermatitis. For the control of lice (Trichodectes canis, Linognathus setosus) on dogs.
One application on the skin lasts for a month on dogs and up to a month on cats.
This is a Pharmacy Medicine item. We will ask you to complete a questionnaire to ensure this is appropriate for you which our pharmacist will check.
Fleas are small wingless parasites, often 2-3 mm, with back legs that are modified for jumping. During the summer months, they become more active due to the temperature so it’s important to apply effective parasite treatment. Advantage is scientifically proven to prevent and treat fleas on your pet and kill larvae in the home, wherever the treated pet goes.
ADVANTAGE® has been shown to kill adult and larval fleas within 20 minutes of contact by absorption via the flea intersegmental membranes. Stops fleas from feeding in 3–5 minutes. Fleas are not required to bite the animal to receive a lethal dose.
Warnings or Restrictions
Take care when treating ferrets to administer the correct dose. Safety data on overdosing is not available.
ADVANTAGE® has no strong chemical smell. The liquid vehicle in ADVANTAGE® may discolour or damage certain surfaces and fabrics, e.g., polished floorboards, leather. Exclude the animal from contact with such surfaces until the product dries on the animal’s coat.
NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE, OR IN ANY MANNER, CONTRARY TO THIS LABEL UNLESS AUTHORISED UNDER APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION.
250 mg imidacloprid
Size (4) Unit (EA) Height (16.5) Width (10.5) Depth (2.5)
Product code: 705652
1. Remove required tube from the package.
2. Hold tube upright and pull off the cap.
3. Reverse the cap and push cap back on tube.
4. Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
5.Please refer to leaflet for site of application
6. The animal should be standing for easy application. Remove any collar prior to application and replace when product is dry. Part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube firmly twice to apply the solution directly on the skin. Avoid pet’s eyes or mouth. If licked by cats, signs of distaste may be observed due to the bitter taste.
7. Record treatment date and repeat monthly or as required. ADVANTAGE® remains efficacious following shampoo treatment, swimming or exposure to rain. Avoid applying the product while the animal is wet. If washing animal during use of this product use a soap free shampoo.
8. Occasionally, hair loss may occur at the application site. This is usually a single occurrence and hair will grow back uneventfully.