CALPOL® Sugar Free Infant Suspension Sachets is used to relieve pain and/or fever, including post-immunisation fever, teething, toothache, cold and flu symptoms, sore throats, and other aches & pains.
CALPOL® Sugar Free Infant Suspension Sachets is a strawberry flavoured, sugar free paracetamol oral suspension. It provides gentle pain and fever relief for your little one, and gets to work on fever in 15 minutes, while being delicate on the tummy.
It can be used from 2 months, for all but the smallest babies, and is suitable for children up to 6 years.
This sachet format offers convenience for on the go pain and fever relief.
The active ingredient in this medicine is paracetamol which is used to relieve pain and / or bring down fever (high temperature) in many conditions including post-immunisation fever, teething, headache, cold and flu, toothache, earache, sore throat and other aches and pains.
Warnings or Restrictions
Do not give this medicine if your baby or child:
• Has ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
• Is taking anything else with paracetamol in it.
• Is between 2-3 months old and is taking this medicine for other causes of pain and fever and: Weighs less than 4 kg, or was born before 37 weeks.
If any of these applies, get advice from a pharmacist or doctor without using CALPOL®.
Speak to a pharmacist or doctor before giving this medicine if your baby or child:
• Has serious kidney or liver problems.
• Has an inherited intolerance to fructose or been diagnosed with an intolerance to some other sugars.
• Is taking certain other medicines; refer to enclosed leaflet
If you are not sure about the medicine your child is taking, show the bottle or pack to your pharmacist.
If any of these bullet points apply, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
See enclosed leaflet for additional safety information.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
Keep out of sight and reach of children.
Active ingredient: Paracetamol 120 mg per 5 ml.
Other ingredients: Maltitol liquid, Sorbitol liquid (non crystallising) (E420), Glycerol, Microcrystalline cellulose and carmellose sodium, Xanthan gum, Ethyl parahydroxybenzoate (E214), Methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), Propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216), Polysorbate 80, Strawberry flavour (containing propylene glycol (E1520) and benzyl alcohol), Carmoisine (E122) and Purified water.
Size (60) Unit (ML) Height (7.6) Width (9.6) Depth (4.6)
Product code: 125059
For oral use only.
Each sachet contains 5ml of this medicine. Any unused contents of the open sachet should be discarded.
Do not give more medicine than the label tells you to. If your child does not get better, talk to your doctor.
Do not overfill the spoon, refer to the pictogram in the enclosed leaflet for guidance. Always use the spoon supplied with the pack.
It is important to massage the sachet before use.
Do not give anything else containing paracetamol while giving this medicine.
Read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
For the relief of fever after vaccination at 2, 3 and 4 months - read the enclosed leaflet.
For the relief of pain and other causes of fever:
Children aged 2-3 months
Child's Age: 2-3 months, How much: 2.5 ml - If necessary, after 4-6 hours, give a second 2.5 ml dose
• Do not give to babies less than 2 months old.
• Only give if your baby weighs over 4 kg and was born after 37 weeks.
• Leave at least 4 hours between doses.
• Do not give more than 2 doses. This is to ensure that fever that may be due to a serious infection is quickly diagnosed. If your child is still feverish after two doses, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Children aged 3 months - 6 years
Child's Age: 3-6 months, How much: 2.5 ml, How often (in 24 hours): Up to 4 times
Child's Age: 6-24 months, How much: 5 ml, How often (in 24 hours): Up to 4 times
Child's Age: 2-4 years, How much: 7.5 ml (5 ml + 2.5 ml), How often (in 24 hours): Up to 4 times
Child's Age: 4-6 years, How much: 10 ml (5 ml + 5 ml), How often (in 24 hours): Up to 4 times
• Do not give more than 4 doses in any 24 hour period.
• Leave at least 4 hours between doses.
• Do not give this medicine to your child for more than 3 days without speaking to your doctor or pharmacist.