Superdrug Corporate Social Responsibility - CSR
CSR; SUPERDRUG IN THE COMMUNITY
We are a challenging brand on behalf of our customers with a history of championing causes we know matter to our colleagues and customers.
- In 2006, after a ten month campaign lobbying the UK Government we celebrated a successful outcome when the Chancellor slashed the VAT on condoms from 17.5 per cent to five per cent
- Since 2006 we have been working to raise fund and awareness to support charities which work on skin cancer campaigns. We have worked with the Institute of Cancer Research, the Teenage Cancer Trust and CRUK and have raised well over £1 million for skin cancer charities since we launched the campaign
- This Summer in 2013 we have been working with UK skin cancer charity SKCin on the Sun Safe Schools awards scheme which has seen over 1,000 schools and nurseries sign up to ensure their children are sun safe
- In 2013 and 2014 Superdrug will be working with Marie Curie Cancer Care to raise money to fund Marie Curie nurses across the UK. Over the next two years we aim to raise enough money to fund as many as 40 Marie Curie Nurses, making it possible for them to care for people with terminal illnesses in their own homes and in the charity’s nine hospices
CSR; ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
We are committed to:
- Responsible energy management and to cost effective energy efficiency throughout all stores and Regional Distribution Centres
- Reducing the amount of fuel used by our HGV fleet
- Minimising the environmental impact arising from the use of materials and services provided in building, shopfitting, repairing and maintaining premises
- Minimising the production of waste, ensuring its safe disposal and maximising recycling wherever practicable
- Ensuring good environmental practices amongst our own-brand suppliers and including environmental issues in buying decisions
- Minimising the use of unnecessary packaging; maximising recovery and recycling, with total commitment to packaging waste regulations and meeting our obligations contained therein
- Working with suppliers of own brand pulp derived products and wood products to use material from well managed forests
- Bringing to an end all testing on animals of cosmetic and toiletries products, and their ingredients
- Being aware of the environmental issues surrounding the use of our own brand products and to taking appropriate action
- Ensuring acceptable environmental, health & safety, and employment conditions in own brand product suppliers in developing nations
CHARTER AGAINST ANIMAL TESTING
We and our own brand manufacturers do not commission animal testing on any Superdrug own brand products or ingredients.
Our own brand cosmetics, toiletry and household ranges have not been tested on animals by us or by our own brand manufacturers and carry the leaping bunny symbol of Cruelty Free International.
The B. Skincare and Makeup collection exclusively available at Superdrug is not only certified as cruelty free but is also suitable for vegans.