Get the Look: Natural Rose
Scarlett Johansson works a classic bridal look with her rosy glow. An ideal example of how to exaggerate the natural look, flawless skin and a creamy blush help her to radiate through the camera lens. Eyes are kept soft and romantic with lightly filled-in brows and individual lash inserts to shape the eye. A pink glossy lip hue that subtly boosts her natural lip colour completes a timeless big day beauty look.
Get the Look: Bronzed Glow
This enhanced golden look from Olivia Palermo has the wow factor ideal for a beach wedding. Her healthy glow can be achieved with a gradual tanner leading up to the big day and defined with a bronzer. Dot a highlighter pen onto cheekbones, into the inner corners of eyes and on the cupids bow to illuminate the face. A slick of lip-gloss is all that is needed to complete this summer-bride look.
Get the Look: Statement Lips
Kaley Cuoco's statement berry lip colour is ideal for a winter wedding when a little bit more is definitely more! Before applying lipstick, line lips with a lip pencil before fully filling in the total surface with the pencil. A strong lip colour should be balanced with a strong-ish eye. Draw a steady defined line, on the top lids only, using a good quality liquid eyeliner to make for a stunning entrance at the altar.
Get the Look: Smokey Eyed
Smolder like Keira Knightley as you glide down the aisle with a sultry smoky eye. A strong eye that commands attention was championed by Kate Middleton on her wedding day too. Sweep a velvety eye shadow into the outer corners of eyes and line with a smudge-proof eye pencil. Pair with an understated lip colour to keep the sophisticated palette balanced. A contoured cheekbone is the perfect accompaniment to this sleek look that will photograph beautifully.
Top Bridal Makeup Tips:
- Take the thinking out of your Big Day and trial your makeup a few weeks before. When testing out wedding looks wear white, or a top matching the colour of your dress, this way you can get an idea of how the makeup will work with it. If you plan to fake tan, do this before the testing stage too.
- Take lots of photos to see how the makeup shows up on camera, you may need to add slightly more blusher and a brighter lipstick than usual, or alter your foundation as it can reflect light and show up differently on camera. If you will be outdoors on your wedding day ensure to get outside during the testing stage to observe your finished look here too!
- You won’t want to be dashing off to retouch your makeup throughout the day so ensure you begin the application process with a primer which will help makeup stay in place for longer. Try an eye shadow specific primer too as this will prevent annoying creasing of eye shadow across the lids.
- Use long-lasting products! Waterproof mascara is your essential makeup tool for when emotions spill over. Apply to top lashes only to make eyes appear bigger. For long-lasting lip colour, a good trick is not to just line lips but fill them with a lip pencil before applying lipstick. Finish by blotting lips thoroughly to ensure they are not only smudge-proof but kiss-proof!
- Select makeup products which are oil free to limit shine coming through in photographs. An oil-free powder foundation will absorb oil in the skin leaving a smooth matte, photo-ready finish.
- For sparkling eyes, dot a highlighter into the inner corners. If you are wearing a darker eye shadow, concentrate this on the outside of the eyes, becoming lighter as you work inwards.
- Fake eyelashes can enhance your look on the big day. Use individual lashes for a striking yet natural look that will really make your eyes pop. Place them between your natural lashes for a fluttering finish.
- Throughout the day you will only want to carry the essentials with you. This should be your lipstick as this can quickly fade, as well as blusher which can easily rub off during pleasantries. Keep these items close by with a small hand mirror for quick touch-ups pre photos. Pop oil-absorbing sheets in your bag too; these are great tools for reducing excess shine that can show up in photographs, while still keeping makeup light.
- Try not to be tempted to make a big beauty statement or drastic change on your wedding day. Risking a new hair colour or darker than usual tan before the big day is asking for trouble! Focus on highlighting your natural beauty with flawless skin, rosy cheeks and sparkling eyes.