ST.TROPEZ'S EXPERT TIPS
MICHAELLA BOLDER, ST.TROPEZ’S CELEBRITY TANNING EXPERT GIVES HER TOP TIPS ON HOW TO ACHIEVE THE ULTIMATE TAN
5 TOP TIPS FOR A STREAK-FREE, NATURAL LOOKING SELF TAN
- Start by preparing your base - exfoliate and remove any unwanted hair 24 hours prior to applying a tanning product. This will give your skin enough time to settle down and allow your pores to close.
- Perform a small patch test 24 hours prior to treatment, allowing you time to check for any contra-indications.
- Then just before tanning, apply moisturiser to dry areas such as hands, wrists, knees, feet and ankles. The moisturiser acts as a barrier to ensure only the right amount of tan soaks in to these tell-tale dry areas.
- Apply your chosen product using an Applicator mitt or gloves - I always recommend the ST.TROPEZ SELF TAN CLASSIC BRONZING MOUSSE for first-time tanners, as it’s tinted guide colour makes it easy to see missed areas). Buff the product in circular motions to lighten the colour and ensure an even, flawless finish. After skin is touch-dry, wear dark loose clothing to prevent any interaction with the skin.
- Finally, shower the next morning or 8-12 hours after you've applied to reveal a natural looking sunkissed tan. Top up with an oil-free moisturiser such as ST.TROPEZ TAN ENHANCING BODY MOISTURISER for a glowing, longer-lasting tan.
FOR A DEEPER, DARKER BRONZE, USE ST.TROPEZ SELF TAN DARK BRONZING MOUSSE OR FOR THOSE WITH SENSTIVE SKIN, TRY ST.TROPEZ SELF TAN SENSITIVE BRONZING MOUSSE
- Preparation is key to an even flawless glow all over. By removing the dead skin cells on the outer layer of your skin it will reveal a smooth fresh base ready for a tan. Use ST.TROPEZ TAN ENHANCING BODY POLISH or an equivalent body scrub, free of essential oils, to create your blank canvas.
- Every skin type varies, but a Self Tan can last for up to 7 days if you continue to moisturise daily and exfoliate twice to week. This also helps avoid patchiness and even fade. To optimise your natural or Self Tan, give skin a boost, with ST.TROPEZ SELF TAN BOOSTER between applications. This tinted moisturiser with a hint of DHA gives an instant glow while lightly developing for a natural looking tan underneath – a must-have product for regular or nervous tanners.
- Adding a finishing product to your tan will accentuate the natural contours of the body – ideal for changing your every day tan to party-ready look. On top of your base tan, apply a powder bronzer or ST.TROPEZ SKIN ILLUMINATOR to cheekbones and décolletage for added definition and glow. Alternatively, mix a dab of Illuminator in with your foundation for a dewy model-worth finish.
- ST.TROPEZ SELF TAN BRONZING MOUSSE is a multi-award winning product for a reason. It’s so easy-to-use, streak-free and natural looking. Applied with an Applicator Mitt and available in CLASSIC, DARK or SENSITIVE, it provides a natural, healthy-looking tan for every skin tone.