If we can learn anything from Korean beauty experts, it’s that skincare routines can go a lot further than a simple swipe of a cleansing wipe followed by a quick tone and moisturise. And with so many skincare products available, from quenching sheet masks to rehydrating facial serums, we just can’t get enough.
Here’s how to stack your skincare regime for fresh, flawless skin – the Korean way.
The 10-step Korean skincare regime
Although you may think that a daily 10-step skincare routine is a little too much to take on, the Koreans see it as a type of indulgence – a daily pampering experience that not only keeps up their rep of having some of the freshest faces in the world, but gives them their nightly dose of relaxation, too.
The process can vary, but generally, it goes a bit like this…
- Start with an oil-based cleanser, to remove make-up and impurities from the skin.
- Use a water-based cleanser to rid the skin of any impurities that may be left over.
- Twice a week, work an exfoliator into the skin, to stop it looking lacklustre.
- Apply a toner, to balance the skin’s pH levels.
- Spritz with a facial essence, to hydrate the skin.
- Use an ampoule – a supercharged facial serum with an even higher amount of active ingredients – for added hydration.
- With your fingertips, work a serum into any specific areas of concern, to help rehydrate them and reduce the appearance of fine lines or dark spots.
- Apply a sheet mask – a light cloth saturated with ingredients that skin loves – for a deeply hydrating and plumping treatment.
- Lightly tap an eye cream onto the delicate skin around your eyes, to help prevent dryness and fine lines.
- Select a moisturiser to lock in the skin-loving ingredients you have