1. These terms and conditions govern your membership of the Loyalty Programme and the use of your Beautycard. They also set out the terms of the contract between Superdrug Stores plc (“us”/ “we”) and you (“you”/ “your”). Please read them carefully and keep hold of a copy for future reference. If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or your use of the Beautycard, then please call us on 08445 464747*.
2. The Loyalty Programme is only available to residents of the United Kingdom who are at least 14 years old. If you are 14 or 15 years old, you must obtain your parent or guardian’s consent before you apply to join the Loyalty Program. Only one membership per person/email address is permitted. Membership is not open to companies, partnerships, unincorporated associations or similar entities. Members who are 14 or 15 years old can earn and spend points with a Beautycard but will not receive any targeted promotions.
3. Membership of the Loyalty Programme is personal to you. You may not share or transfer your points or your Beautycard, although your friends and family can of course apply for their own Beautycard.
4. We may refuse an application to join the Loyalty Programme if we feel there is a good reason to do so.
5. You can pick up your Beautycard and an application form instore. As soon as you have your Beautycard, you can start using it to collect points. However, you will not be able to redeem any points until you have registered your Beautycard and received a notification from us that your account has been activated.
6. You can register your Beautycard online at superdrug.com.
7. Alternatively you can register your Beautycard by completing the paper application form available instore and sending it to us at Superdrug Beauty Card, Unit 1, Prologis Park, Arenson Way, Dunstable, LU5 4RZ. All of the highlighted mandatory fields must be completed on the form in order for us to activate the account.
8. We will notify you that your account is activated either by email, if you gave us your email address, or by sending you a welcome pack in the post, if you only gave us your postal address. Your membership of the Loyalty Programme is not approved until you receive either that email or welcome pack and you will not be able to redeem any points. If your application is not approved for any reason, then any points previously earnt on your Beautycard will be forfeited.
9. Once your Beautycard is activated, we will set up an individual account for you to record the points you’ve earned or redeemed. You will also be able to redeem points in accordance with these terms and conditions.
10. You must notify us as soon as possible if you change your name, address or email address. These changes can be made either online at superdrug.com or by calling the Loyalty Helpline on 08445 464747*. Please note that if you do not let us know of these changes, you may miss out on promotional offers and your use of your Beautycard may be affected if, for example, someone else registers for the Loyalty Programme at your old address.
12. Your account will remain active if you use your Beautycard at least once in any rolling 12 month period. If you fail to use your Beautycard within this period your account will be deactivated and any point balance will be forfeited.
13. You can only collect points at Superdrug stores in the United Kingdom. Without limitation, points may not be collected at Superdrug stores in the Republic of Ireland.
14. To collect points for a purchase in store, your Beautycard must be presented at the checkout before you pay. If you do not have your Beautycard with you, then you will not be able to claim your points.
15. To collect points online, you simply need to have registered your Beautycard online and to maintain your registration at superdrug.com.
16. Points are not available on stamps, mobile top-up, prescription medicines, infant milk formula, or gift cards. We might exclude other products from the Loyalty Programme at our discretion, but if we do then we will display notices instore and at superdrug.com.
17. You will receive one point for every £1 that is spent on qualifying purchases online at superdrug.com and instore in the United Kingdom. Points are awarded after any relevant discounts or promotions have been deducted from your shopping. Points are awarded only on the final amount you actually pay either online or instore.
18. From time to time, we may run special promotions and award additional points. For example, we may increase the number of points that you receive for every £1 you spend, or award bonus points where you receive the points that you would normally be entitled to as well as a specified number of bonus points. We may set a limit on how many promotional points can be awarded to any one account.
19. If you collected points on a product which you decide to return then you will need to present your Beautycard instore.
20. If you receive a refund having returned or cancelled a product which awarded you points, then we are entitled to cancel these points from your account. If you exchange the product then we are also entitled to cancel these points, unless you exchange for products with an equivalent points value. If you exchange for products with a lower points value then we are entitled to cancel the balance of the points.
21. Please retain your receipts. We may request them from you if, for example, you have any queries regarding your points balance, or where we reasonably suspect fraudulent activity or a breach of these terms and conditions.
Spending your points
22. You will not be able to redeem any points unless your Beautycard is registered and your account is activated. You may only redeem points at Superdrug stores in the United Kingdom. Without limitation, you may not redeem any points at Superdrug stores in the Republic of Ireland.
23. When you redeem points, you can also earn points for the amount you would have paid, had you paid in cash.
24. If you present your Beautycard when you purchase a product that earns you points, then your points balance will be printed on your receipt. It will also be available for you to check online where you have registered at superdrug.com.
25. Please note that your points balance may not be updated immediately when you make a qualifying purchase. With online purchases, you will need to wait at least 24 hours before the points show in your account and you are able to redeem them. With instore purchases, your points balance will usually be updated at the time of presenting your Beautycard but, at times, there may be a delay e.g. in the event of a system error. We may withhold points or delay crediting them where we reasonably suspect fraudulent activity or a breach of these terms and conditions.
26. We may deduct points or adjust your points balance from time to time in the event that points have been credited or debited in error, or where we reasonably suspect fraudulent activity or a breach of these terms and conditions. If you have any queries about your points balance then please contact us through the Loyalty Helpline on 08445 464747*.
27. The current redemption value of points is 1 point = 1 penny. We reserve the right to vary that rate at any time. If we decide to vary this rate then we will seek to let you know in reasonable time by displaying notices instore and on our website. Points may only be redeemed against qualifying purchases in Superdrug stores. They may not be exchanged for cash.
28. Points have a 24 month validity, so long as your account is not inactive for 12 months or more during that period. Please see paragraph 12 for details on how to ensure your account remains active. After 24 months, points will expire and you will no longer be able to access or use them.
29. Points expire immediately if the account is closed or deactivated or if the Loyalty Programme ends. If you redeem your points for a voucher carrying a specified cash discount or benefit, the voucher will have an expiry date specified on it and will be subject to any other terms and conditions stated on that voucher or otherwise publicised.
30. Points are redeemable instore in the United Kingdom only – we will notify you by email and by including a notice on our website, at superdrug.com, if and when points can be redeemed online.
31. To spend points instore, simply present your Beautycard and tell the cashier how may points you would like to pay with against your shopping. You must have a minimum of 100 points on your Beautycard to redeem any points and points can only be spent in increments of 100 points. This means that if you have 200 points in your account and you want to redeem them against a qualifying purchase of £1.49, then you will be able to redeem 100 points but will need to pay the £0.49 balance of the purchase price in cash (leaving you with 100 points in your account).
32. Please note, points cannot be spent on stamps, mobile top-up, prescription medicines, infant milk formula, or purchase of gift cards. Other products may also be excluded from the Loyalty Programme at our discretion. Where we exclude other products from the Loyalty Programme, we will display notices instore and on our website at superdrug.com.
34. The Beautycards are our property and must be returned to us on request, or destroyed when requested by us.
35. You are responsible for the security of the Beautycard issued on your account and all points issued. Please treat your Beautycard as securely as you would cash or a credit card, as we are not able to credit points which have been spent, whether or not by an unauthorised person. If your Beautycard is lost, or if you think an unauthorised person has become aware of any security code, password or account number, you should contact the Loyalty Helpline on 08445 464747*. You can collect a new Beautycard instore and we will transfer your points across to that new Beautycard if they have not previously been spent.
36. We may close an account which has not been used in any rolling 12 month period.
37. We may also immediately suspend or terminate the rights of any member and/or close an account if:
37.1.these terms and conditions are breached by you; or
37.2. if we reasonably believe that you have acted in a manner not permitted by these terms and conditions, or
37.3. if you engage in (or we reasonably suspect you of engaging in) any theft from or misconduct in connection with us or any supplier, or
37.4. if you supply false or misleading information to us or we discover that you are not eligible to be a member of the Loyalty Programme, or
37.5. if you are abusive or offensive to any member of our staff.
You can also close your account at any time by notifying us in writing. If an account is closed for any reason, all rights to redeem the points from that account are lost.
38. We may make changes to these terms and conditions. If we decide to change these terms and conditions we will seek to give you reasonable notice first by displaying notices on our website and instore. We may suspend or close the Loyalty Programme at any time but we will endeavour to give you as much notice as we reasonably can before we do so, both on our website and by displaying notices instore.
39. If Superdrug Stores plc is sold or transferred to another company we may transfer all of our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions without any further consent and may disclose or transfer all information we hold about you to a prospective or actual new owner. Such disclosure or transfer will not alter the rights of such members in respect of the use that can be made of such information by such other company.
40. Our responsibilities with respect of the Loyalty Programme are as set out in these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales (unless you live in Scotland, in which case they are subject to Scottish law, or Northern Ireland, in which case they are subject to Northern Irish law).
* Calls to our Loyalty Helpline are charged at 5p per minute from landlines (but are likely to cost more from a mobile phone).