1. Membership of Health & Beautycard
1. These terms and conditions govern your membership of the Health & Beautycard Programme and the use of your Health & Beautycard. They also set out the terms of the contract between Superdrug Stores plc (“us”/ “we”) and you (“you”/ “your”). Please read them carefully and keep hold of a copy for future reference. If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or your use of the Health & Beautycard, then please call us on 03456 710 709 (Option 2)*.
2. The Health & Beautycard Programme is only available to residents of the United Kingdom who are at least 14 years old. If you are 14 or 15 years old, you must obtain your parent or guardian’s consent before you apply to join the Health & Beautycard Programme. Only one membership per person/email address is permitted. Membership is not open to companies, partnerships, unincorporated associations or similar entities. Members who are 14 or 15 years old can earn and spend points with a Health & Beautycard but will not receive any targeted promotions.
3. Membership of the Health & Beautycard Programme is personal to you. You may not share or transfer your points or your Health & Beautycard, although your friends and family can of course apply for their own Health & Beautycard.
4. We may refuse an application to join the Health & Beautycard Programme if we feel there is a good reason to do so.
5. You can pick up your Health & Beautycard and an application form instore. As soon as you have your Health & Beautycard, you can start using it to earn points. However, you will not be able to spend any points until you have registered your Health & Beautycard and received a notification from us that your account has been activated.
6. You can register your Health & Beautycard online at superdrug.com/beautycard.
7. Alternatively you can register your Health & Beautycard by completing the paper application form available instore and sending it to us at Superdrug Health & Beautycard, Clipper Boulevard, Crossways Business Park, Dartford, DA2 6QB. All of the mandatory fields on the form must be completed in order for us to activate the account.
8. We will notify you that your account is activated either by email, if you gave us your email address, or by sending you a welcome letter in the post, if you only gave us your postal address. Your membership of the Health & Beautycard Programme is not approved until you receive either that email or welcome letter. Until your membership is approved, you will not be able to spend any points. If your application is not approved for any reason, then any points previously earned on your Health & Beautycard will be forfeited.
9. Once your Health & Beautycard is activated, we will set up an individual account to record the points you’ve earned or spent. You will also then be able to spend points in accordance with these terms and conditions.
10. You must notify us as soon as possible if you change your name, address or email address. These changes can be made either online at superdrug.com or by calling the Health & Beautycard helpline on 03456 710 709 (Option 2)*. Please note that if you do not let us know of these changes, you may miss out on promotional offers and your use of your Health & Beautycard may be affected if, for example, someone else registers for the Health & Beautycard Programme at your old address.
12. Your account will remain active if you use your Health & Beautycard at least once in any rolling 12 month period. If you fail to use your Health & Beautycard within this period your account may be closed and any points’ balance will be forfeited.
2. Earning points
13. You can only earn points at Superdrug stores in the United Kingdom. Points cannot be earned at Superdrug stores in the Republic of Ireland.
14. To earn points for a purchase instore, your Health & Beautycard must be presented at the checkout before you pay. If you do not have your Health & Beautycard with you, then you will not be able to claim your points at a later date.
15. To earn points online, you simply need to have registered your Health & Beautycard online and to maintain your registration at superdrug.com.
16. Points are not available on stamps, mobile top-up, NHS Services, infant milk formula, or gift cards. We might exclude other products from the Health & Beautycard Programme at our discretion, but if we do then we will display notices online at superdrug.com.
17. You will earn one point for every £1 that is spent on qualifying purchases online at superdrug.com and instore in the United Kingdom. Points are awarded after any relevant discounts or promotions have been deducted from your shopping. Points are awarded only on the final amount you actually pay either online or instore.
18. From time to time, we may run special promotions and award additional points. For example, we may increase the number of points that you receive for every £1 you spend, or award bonus points when you purchase a particular product. We may set a limit on how many promotional points can be awarded to any one account.
19. If you have earned points on a product which you decide to return then you will need to present your Health & Beautycard instore so that the relevant points can be deducted from your account.
20. If you have earned points on a product you have purchased online then points will be deducted from your account when the products have been received by Superdrug and your payment has been refunded.
21. Please retain your receipts. We may request them from you if, for example, you have any queries regarding your points balance, or where we reasonably suspect fraudulent activity or a breach of these terms and conditions.
3. Spending your points
22. You will not be able to spend any points unless your Health & Beautycard is registered and your account is activated. You may only spend points at Superdrug stores in the United Kingdom and online at Superdrug.com. Points cannot be spent at Superdrug stores in the Republic of Ireland.
23. Points can only be spent in increments of 100. This means that if you have 200 points in your account and you want to spend them on a qualifying purchase of £1.49 then you will be able to spend 100 points but will need to pay the £0.49 balance of the purchase price in cash (leaving 100 points in your account).
24. To spend points instore, simply present your Health & Beautycard and tell the cashier how many points you would like to pay with against your shopping.
25. To spend points online, you must sign in to your registered Health & Beautycard account before selecting products to purchase. When you enter your payment details, select how many points you wish to spend from the options available.
26. Please note, points cannot be spent on stamps, mobile top-up, NHS Services, Superdrug Online Doctor, infant milk formula, or the purchase of gift cards. Other products may also be excluded from the Health & Beautycard Programme at our discretion. Where we exclude other products from the Health & Beautycard Programme, we will display notices on our website at superdrug.com.
27. If you present your Health & Beautycard when you purchase a product that earns you points, then your points balance will be printed on your receipt. It will also be available for you to check online if you have registered your Health & Beautycard at superdrug.com/beautycard.
28. Please note that your points balance may not be updated immediately when you make a qualifying purchase. With online purchases points are awarded when your order is dispatched so you may need to wait at least 5 working days before the points show in your account and you are able to spend them. With instore purchases, you may need to wait at least 24 hours before the points show in your account and you are able to spend them. We may withhold points or delay crediting them where we reasonably suspect fraudulent activity or a breach of these terms and conditions.
29. We may deduct points or adjust your points balance from time to time in the event that points have been credited or debited in error, or where we reasonably suspect fraudulent activity or a breach of these terms and conditions. In the event a system error causes an incorrect points balance to be given to you, Superdrug will endeavour to rectify this as soon as is reasonably possible. Where a system error causes an incorrect points balance Superdrug is under no obligation to honour the incorrect points balance. If you have any queries about your points balance then please contact us through the Health & Beautycard helpline on 03456 710 709 (Option 2)*.
30. The current redemption value of points is 1 point = 1 penny. We reserve the right to vary that rate at any time. If we decide to vary this rate then we will seek to let you know in reasonable time by post and/or by email at the address you have given to us. Points may only be spent against qualifying purchases. They may not be exchanged for cash.
31. Points have a 24 month validity, so long as your account is not inactive in any 12 month rolling period. Please see paragraph 12 for details on how to ensure your account remains active. After 24 months, points will expire and you will no longer be able to access or use them.
32.Points expire immediately if the account is closed or deactivated or if the Health & Beautycard Programme ends. If you spend your points on a voucher carrying a specified cash discount or benefit, the voucher will have an expiry date specified on it and will be subject to any other terms and conditions stated on that voucher or otherwise publicised.
34. The cards are our property and must be returned to us on request, or destroyed when requested by us.
35. You are responsible for the security of the Health & Beautycard issued on your account and all points issued. Please treat your Health & Beautycard as securely as you would cash or a credit card, as we are not able to credit points which have been spent, whether or not by an unauthorised person. If your Health & Beautycard is lost, or if you think an unauthorised person has become aware of any security code, password or account number, you should contact the Health & Beautycard helpline on 03456 710 709 (Option 2)*. You can collect a new Health & Beautycard instore and we will transfer your points across to that new Health & Beautycard if they have not previously been spent.
36. We may immediately suspend or terminate the rights of any member and/or close an account if:
- 36.1. these terms and conditions are breached by you; or
- 36.2. if we reasonably believe that you have acted in a manner not permitted by these terms and conditions; or
- 36.3. if you engage in (or we reasonably suspect you of engaging in) any theft from or misconduct in connection with us or any supplier; or
- 36.4. if you supply false or misleading information to us or we discover that you are not eligible to be a member of the Health & Beautycard Programme; or
- 36.5. if you are abusive or offensive to any member of our staff.
37. You can also close your account at any time by notifying us in writing. If an account is closed for any reason, all rights to spend the points from that account are lost.
38. We may make changes to these terms and conditions. If we decide to change these terms and conditions we will seek to give you reasonable notice first by post and/or email at the address you have given to us. We may suspend or close the Health & Beautycard Programme at any time but we will endeavour to give you as much notice as we reasonably can before we do so, by post and/or email at the address you have given to us.
39. If Superdrug Stores plc is sold or transferred to another company we may transfer all of our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions without any further consent and may disclose or transfer all information we hold about you to a prospective or actual new owner. Such disclosure or transfer will not alter the rights of such members in respect of the use that can be made of such information by such other company.
40. Our responsibilities with respect of the Health & Beautycard Programme are as set out in these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales (unless you live in Scotland, in which case they are subject to Scottish law, or Northern Ireland, in which case they are subject to Northern Irish law).
* Calls cost 5p per minute from a landline but are likely to cost more from a mobile phone.